What’s in this episode?
18 minutes of social media awesome!
1. This week’s topic: New survey shows 50% of social media users find a brand’s Facebook Page more helpful than the brand’s website.
2. Questions/topics we discuss:
- Why would a Facebook Page be more helpful than a website?
- The upside and downside of this finding
- Why you don’t want to rely on Facebook alone
- How do you find the balance between your website and your Facebook Page
- Why you shouldn’t stop at social media followers
- When should you promote your social media profiles
- Does Facebook give consumers the illusion of control?
- Things you need to have on your Facebook Page
- The importance of responding on social media sites
- The power of social reach
- Changes to Facebook Offers
- Is advertising the right way to go?
- Is Facebook becoming an acquisition platform?
- Images, images, images
- When does posting become obnoxious?
3. Danielle’s Featured Tip: Use the Facebook Help section
Listen to the show: Click here to listen to the file in your browser. (Right-click and “Save as” to download to your computer.)
About the Speakeasy
Your marketing questions plus a room full of beer and marketing obsessed colleagues equals the best way to spend some time on a Friday!
Listen in as content manager, Dave Charest (that’s me!) moderates a marketing roundtable discussion with social media education developer, Azure Collier, social media specialist, Danielle Cormier, social media manager, Erica Ayotte, senior product marketing manager, Josh Mendelsohn, social media specialist, Kristen Curtiss, and communications specialist, Dave Gerhardt.
Ask your social media and marketing questions in the comments below and we’ll answer them in an upcoming episode! Or you can email your questions to: SocialTeam (at) ConstantContact (dot) com