As many of us in the US prepare to give thanks next week, we thought it would be a great opportunity to share some of the small business marketing resources we’re thankful for.
Take a look at our list of places you can find great information to help you grow your small business. If we missed any of your favorites, drop a link in the comments below and tell us why you’re thankful for them.
Here’s our list in no particular order:
1. Copyblogger – Get advice about growing your small business online by delivering quality content. The site also offers tutorials on copywriting, content marketing, SEO copywriting, email marketing, keyword research, landing pages, and internet marketing.
2. Jeff Bullas’s Blog – Get advice on how to get found online by using the Internet to market your small business in a non-intrusive way, through engagement and conversations that build trust and relationships.
3. Big Brand System – Pamela Wilson’s Big Brand System offers practical advice on how to grow your business with great design and marketing. Find out how to make a great first impression with what your audience sees so you don’t lose customers before you’ve had a chance to start a conversation.
4. Business 2 Community – An open community where professionals and businesses can connect with one another and the consumers of their products and services. Get a balanced view of the current business landscape based on industry news and trends.
5. Psychotactics – Marketing strategist, Sean D’Souza, offers tons of free marketing advice focused on why customers buy (and why they don’t).
6. SEOmoz – Learn search engine optimization in this vibrant community of members willing to discuss the latest news about what works and what doesn’t. Other resources include a downloadable “Beginner’s Guide to SEO.”
7. Social Triggers – Derek Halpern’s Social Triggers gets into the psychology of what makes people tick online. Derek regularly breaks down psychological research and business case studies into simple, actionable steps that can help you improve your online business.
8. The Cogent Coach – Michael Nelson’s blog on small business mastery has a mission to help as many small businesses as possible to succeed. You’ll find tips for improving your marketing so you can stay in business, grow, and thrive.
9. Small Business Trends – News, tips, and advice covering issues of key importance to the small business market. Track, explore, and learn from trends, issues, and news updates.
10. NY Times Small Business Blog – The “You’re the Boss” blog offers insights into the art of running a small business.
11. American Express OPEN Forum – The AmEx Open Forum features contributions from top small business experts designed to help you succeed.
12. MarketingProfs – Find practical advice you can use culled from the know-how of experts and in-the-trenches marketers mixed with the marketing smarts of the MarketingProfs editorial team.
13. Social Media Examiner – Designed to help businesses discover how to best use social media tools like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and LinkedIn to connect with customers, generate more brand awareness, and increase sales.
14. Duct Tape Marketing – Small business expert, John Jantsch, offers practical real-world ideas and strategies for small businesses.
15. Wall Street Journal Small Business – The Wall Street Journal’s small business team reports breaking news and delivers features on entrepreneurs, start-ups, and existing small businesses.
What small business resources did we miss? Share your favorites and tell us why you like them in the comments below.