Permission-based email marketing is the foundation of every successful email marketing strategy.
So, what exactly is permission-based email marketing?
It begins with making sure you are getting permission before adding new contacts to your email list.
Asking for permission shows your audience that you respect their privacy. It also ensures that you’re only communicating with people who are interested in hearing from your business.
Permission-based email does not allow the buying of email lists and directly combats unsolicited email promotions, otherwise known as SPAM emails.
In order for you to get started, or continue, with permission-based email marketing, we’ve gathered some of our best resources.
These resources will help you understand why permission-based email marketing is vital, how to get started, and how to comply with important legislations like the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and the CAN-SPAM Act in the United States.
The importance of permission-based email marketing
- Who you can and can’t send email to based on Constant Contact’s permission policy
- [Video] Why You Should Only Send Email to People You Know
- How Purchased Email Lists Can Destroy Your Email Marketing
- 3 Email Marketing Best Practices All Small Businesses Need to Know
- How to Make People Hate Your Email Newsletter
- Can I Send Emails to a List I Got from Another Business?
- Build an Email List That Loves Hearing From You: 5 Guiding Principles
Tools to get permission
- [Guide] How to Get (and Keep) Email Permission
- How to enable advanced email permissions
- How to Turn On Confirmed Opt-in
- [Video] How to Build a Responsive Email List
- Embed a Web Sign-up Form on Your Website
- Use a Soft-confirm to Convert Implied Permission Contacts to Express Permission
- The Ultimate Guide to Growing a Massive Email List
The importance of permission in Canada
- What is CASL?
- [Worksheet] 3 Steps to CASL Compliance
- [Recorded Webinar] Opt-In Canada: Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation
- [Recorded Webinar] Get CASL-Compliant with Constant Contact
- Answers to 10 Frequently Asked CASL Questions
We want to hear from you!
Do you have a question about permission-based email marketing that isn’t covered in these resources?
We’d love to help! Please leave a comment below.