By now you’ve probably heard about social campaigns and how they can drive “Likes” to your Facebook Page and success to your business or organization.
And if you haven’t, then you should definitely go ahead and read all about it.
Don’t worry. I’ll wait.
Done? Excited yet? I hope so, because I’ve got some great tips for you to keep in mind while you create your social campaign and get your Facebook Page ready to display it.
Make Your Mark
Our team of design wizards has created a bunch of templates with colors, fonts, text suggestions, and images that are guaranteed to spark your imagination. However, don’t be afraid to stretch your own creative wings.
Customize colors — You can use any colors you want to match your business or nonprofit by using the Quick Styles:
- Start editing your social campaign.
- Click Quick Styles in your upper left-hand corner.
- Options for alternate color schemes pop up right beneath the button. Just click Edit Style on the first one.
- Color and font options appear to your right. Click on the icons to change colors, fonts, or text styles.
- Click Done when you are finished.
You’ll see the changes take effect, for both your Like-gate page and your Reveal page, right away.
Double Check Your Details — Giving your campaign a second look can save you time in the end.
- The Preview button is my best friend when it comes to editing. It helps me catch things I missed while in a “creative fervor.” So don’t forget to preview both your Like-gate and your Reveal page before you publish.
- Plus, remember to watch out for the default text. Each social campaign comes with some default text to give you an idea of what sort of information you’d want to include in a block. Make sure you put your own text in or just get rid of it!
Prep Your Facebook Page
When you have your social campaign picture-perfect and ready to run, you’ll want to make sure that it gets showcased on your Facebook Page properly.
Put Out the “Welcome” Mat — Once you publish your social campaign, you should be able to see “Welcome” added to your tabs on the left of your Facebook Page.
If you don’t see it there, don’t worry! It’s pretty easy to add in.
- Click Edit Page in your upper-right corner.
- Click Apps on the left side-bar.
- Scroll to “Constant Contact – Social Campaigns.”
- Click “Edit Settings.”
- Click “add.”
- Then click Okay.
There you go, the tab is added. Though, don’t leave your Edit page just yet! There’s more you can do there.
Make Sure It’s the Default — While you’re in your Edit Page options, make that Welcome tab the first thing new people to your Page see. That way, they’ve got incentive right off the bat to “Like” you.
- Click “Manage Permissions” from the left sidebar.
- You’ll see the “Default Landing Page” drop-down. Use it to select “Welcome.”
- Click Save Changes.
That’s it! You’ve got a social campaign customized to tell the story of you and your business or organization, and the Facebook Page ready to flaunt it.
For more information on creating a social campaign or tweaking your Facebook Page, check out these other great resources:
FAQ 413: Help Overview: Getting Started with Social Campaigns
FAQ 434: Help Overview: Best Practices for social campaigns
FAQ 357: Can I select a tab as the default for people who already Like my Page?
Best practices guide: Turn Likes into Results
What questions do you have about using the Social Campaigns tool? Ask them in the comments section below and we may answer them in a future blog post!