If you’re like me, you have a love/hate relationship with forms.
They aren’t always fun to deal with, but there are times when they’re absolutely essential to your business or company needs. And while it can be difficult to get people to fill out a form, it doesn’t have to be difficult to include those forms with your emails.
Now it’s super easy to gather information from your customers.
Based on the form template you choose (we’ll talk about how to find one a little later) you can do things like:
- Offer Free Samples: Just use an “Order Form” to get the necessary information from your customers, leave the price section blank and choose the “Order Now” style of button.
- Coordinate Volunteers: The “Volunteer Registration” form style gives you space to ask questions up front and gather all the info you need.
- Accept Donations: You can accept donations by PayPal with your free Formstack account, and do even more with a paid account.
- Create buzz with a Contest: Contests are a surefire way to generate excitement and the “Contest Form” makes them easy to manage.
- Organize Job Applications: What a great way to make job applications easier to integrate into your emails! This form allows you to get basic contact information, and for applicants to upload both cover letters and resumes.
Getting started with forms
So how does this all work together? Well, Formstack hosts your form online and gathers all of the information for you. All you need to do is make a few quick selections about the type of form you want and drop that puppy right into your email. Here’s how:
- Start editing your email.
- Click the Payment/Donation Link button in the left-hand menu. (Don’t let the name fool you, there are plenty of types of forms you can choose from, not just those for payment or donation.)
- Follow the steps to create a free Formstack account or login using your existing one.
- Choose the template that suits you best and click Get Started.
- Follow the prompts to customize your form.
- Click Insert when you are done and, boom, you’ve got a new button in your email that goes straight to that form.
Once you’ve sent your email and people start filling out your forms, you can see your data and look for trends at Formstack.
Tips along the way
There are a few things to keep in mind as you create and use your forms.
- Make Sure You Verify Your Account: When you open your Formstack account, you’ll be sent an email asking you to verify your email address. Until you do this you won’t be able to see or access everything at Formstack.
- Free Accounts Come with a Limit: If you sign up for the free account with Formstack, you can only have three forms at a time. Don’t worry – you can delete your forms once you are done with them.
To delete a form, just go to Formstack.com and login. Click on the Forms tab and hover your cursor over the form you are interested in deleting.
See that pic of a trashcan? Click that and your form will be a thing of the past.
Once you’ve got a form doing all your heavy lifting for you, you have time to worry about other things – like how you’re going to put that great information to use!
What questions do you have about creating emails with forms? Ask them in the comments field below and we’ll answer them for you!