If you run a nonprofit, you’re probably already familiar with #GivingTuesday.
#GivingTuesday is a national day of giving that’s celebrated each year on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
#GivingTuesday is similar to days like Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday, except rather than shopping at their favorite businesses, people have the chance to make donations to the organizations and causes that are important to them.
Last year, online giving on #GivingTuesday nearly doubled, year-over-year, from 2012. And this year, #GivingTuesday is expected to be even bigger!
#GivingTuesday is December 2.
If you’ve already started planning for #GivingTuesday, now is a great time to review and finalize your plans. Even if you haven’t, you still have time to get your organization ready and take advantage of this important day of giving.
Here at Constant Contact, we are celebrating #GivingTuesday by teaming up with one of our partners, Network for Good, to provide matching funds for nonprofits within their network. You can learn more about that program here.
We are also introducing new tools to help your organization reach its fundraising goals on #GivingTuesday and throughout the holiday season.
With our #GivingTuesday email template, we are making it easier than ever to reach out to potential donors and encourage them to participate.
We also have other professionally-designed templates you can use to support your fundraising efforts throughout the rest of the year:
In addition to our holiday templates, we’ve also created a new guide to help you launch a successful online fundraising campaign.
This guide will offer the how-to advice you need to bring your fundraising online, and run a successful online donation campaign for your organization.
Finally, we’ve compiled some of our favorite resources for busy nonprofits.
Get new ideas for using tools like email marketing and social media to connect with supporters and set your organization up for success in the New Year.
- #GivingTuesday Checklist from Constant Contact and Network for Good
- Nonprofit Guide to a Successful Giving Day from Network for Good
Increase Online Donations
- 5 Proven Ways to Increase Online Donations
- Bring Your Fundraising Online: 5 Steps to Increase Online Donations
- How to Make the Most of Year-End Donors
- The Value of Donor and Fundraiser Onboarding Series
- 5 Nonprofits with Consistently Great Branding
- 4 Steps to Creating an Email Strategy that Drives Action
- 5 Questions Nonprofits Should Ask Before Sending Their Email Newsletter
- 4 Nonprofit Emails that Look Awesome on Mobile
- How to Make a Big Ask Even if You’re a Small Nonprofit
- How a Nonprofit Uses Email Marketing to Get Phone Calls, Volunteers, and Sales
- How to Use Instagram for Nonprofits
- 7 Pinterest Tips for Nonprofits
- Engage, Inform, Recruit: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media to Recruit Volunteers
We’ve also reached out to nonprofit experts to get their best tips for end-of-year fundraising. Check out all of the tips in the presentation below!
Is your organization participating in #GivingTuesday? How are you preparing? Let us know in the comments below.