If you run a nonprofit, you’re probably already familiar with #GivingTuesday.
If not, it’s a national day of giving that’s celebrated each year on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. It’s similar to days like Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday, except rather than shopping at their favorite businesses, people have the chance to make donations to the organizations and causes that are important to them.
Is Giving Tuesday really worth it for my nonprofit?
As a former nonprofit communications director, I know it can feel like Giving Tuesday is really noisy and crowded and that it’s better to put your focus on planning your end of year (EOY) campaign. But it’s worth your time and effort.
The truth is — Giving Tuesday gets bigger every year. In 2018, donations exceeded $400M, through 3.6M individual gifts. If you’re worried about managing another campaign on top of your EOY planning, here’s what I reccomend: Use Giving Tuesday as a soft launch into your EOY campaign. You can build momentum around your cause, generate some donations, experiment to learn more about your audience, and grow your contact list, all of which will make your EOY campaign stronger.
TIP: Download our free Giving Tuesday 2019 Fundraising Playbook and raise more money for your cause this year!
Giving Tuesday is December 3 2019.
If you’ve already started promoting for Giving Tuesday, now is a great time to finish up strong. Even if you haven’t, you still have time to get your organization ready and take advantage of this important day of giving.
We have the tools to help your organization reach its fundraising goals on Giving Tuesday and throughout the holiday season.
With our Giving Tuesday email templates, we are making it easier than ever to reach out to potential donors and encourage them to participate.
We also have other professionally-designed templates you can use to support your fundraising efforts throughout the rest of the year.
Finally, we’ve compiled some of our favorite resources for busy nonprofits.
Free Giving Tuesday Fundraising Guide for Nonprofits
- How to Make the Most of Year-End Donors
- The Value of Donor and Fundraiser Onboarding Series
- 5 Nonprofits with Consistently Great Branding
- 4 Steps to Creating an Email Strategy that Drives Action
- 5 Questions Nonprofits Should Ask Before Sending Their Email Newsletter
- 4 Nonprofit Emails that Look Awesome on Mobile
- How to Make a Big Ask Even if You’re a Small Nonprofit
- How a Nonprofit Uses Email Marketing to Get Phone Calls, Volunteers, and Sales
- How to Use Instagram for Nonprofits
- 7 Pinterest Tips for Nonprofits
- Engage, Inform, Recruit: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media to Recruit Volunteers
We’ve also reached out to nonprofit experts to get their best tips for end-of-year fundraising. Check out all of the tips in the presentation below!