SEO, or search engine optimization, helps a website show up higher in search engine rankings, which helps maximize the number of people who come to your site. Industrial SEO is invaluable in ensuring that your business rises to the top of search results when your customers are searching topics relevant to your industry.
For manufacturers, constructing precise and effective SEO helps you achieve maximum visibility online while increasing your website traffic. Your goal is to reach as many potential clients as possible, otherwise known as your target audience, which ultimately creates more leads and more new clients.
Ready to get new manufacturing deals and repeat business — all in one place?
What does industrial SEO mean?
Industrial SEO is simply a specific version of SEO. It applies the same basic principles of optimizing search engine results through strategically using keywords to help users find your content. Manufacturing and industrial businesses can reach a wider audience with technical content that includes keywords relevant to your industry and offerings.
Why industrial companies should be focusing on SEO
SEO is designed to maximize your online platform to reach a large target audience. With so many products, businesses, and services online, SEO can help you make sure your company doesn’t get lost in cyberspace. Good SEO increases your website’s ranking on popular search engines like Google.
Consumers are always searching for the products and services you provide. When someone is looking for a specific term, like “plastic manufacturers,” their search engine will return a selection of businesses like yours to choose from — based on how well the information within your website matches up with the keywords.
SEO aids search engine crawlers in understanding what your website pages are about. The easier it is for a search crawler to understand your page, the more connections it will draw between that page and related search queries, thus leading to higher search rankings.
The higher you rank in search results, the more likely your page is to be one of the first that a customer clicks. Ranking highly results in:
- Increased visibility for your manufacturing website
- More clicks on your business website
- More potential customers who know about your products and services
In short, increased website traffic, a result of effective industrial SEO strategies, can lead to increased sales.
Industrial SEO establishes you as an industry authority and amplifies your credibility and prestige in your area of expertise. As a result, industrial SEO creates a higher ranking position for your small business in internet search engines in order to market your services to expand and realize your business’s growth potential.
With powerful SEO, you can draw potential customers to focus their attention on your small business instead of your competitors’. The more you can attract the consumer’s attention with the help of industrial SEO, the more revenue for you.
How SEO fits into a manufacturing marketing plan
Integrating SEO with other marketing efforts is imperative for a successful online business strategy for long-term results. SEO involves keywords and phrases that aid consumers in locating your landing pages in order to optimize your marketing goals.
How to implement SEO into a manufacturing website
Manufacturing websites require certain building blocks to be effective in establishing high rankings in search engines. Your potential customers are actively seeking quality products and services from companies in your industry. To demonstrate that you are the business able to provide what customers need, your website content needs to be relevant to your target customers. Search engines provide relevant web pages for users, searching for key factors such as:
- Keyword optimization
- On-page SEO tactics like URLs, meta descriptions, alt tags, internal linking, and headings
- Site usability
- Page authority
Search engines like Google favor well-organized websites that are user-friendly, readable, and easy to navigate. Providing valuable information to the public is a must, such as:
- Through your company blog
- A page for a resource library for white papers
- In-depth informative articles
Every area of your online presence should also highlight your products and services. Here are some further tips:
- Ensure that your website is mobile-responsive, meaning it’s able to be viewed on most mobile devices.
- Your top keywords need to be optimized in your website’s content, title tags, headings, and meta descriptions.
- Create a keyphrase-optimized blog with high-quality writing content, and update it regularly.
- Include high-quality optimized photos and videos in your website and blogs.
- Claim and fill out your Google My Business profile.
- Provide your local directory listings with your business information.
How to do keyword research to identify the best keywords for your industrial business
When conducting research for the keywords you’ll want to incorporate to maximize your SEO, a few things can help you select just the right ones:
- Think like your customer, and include words you would use to search for the services you offer. Ask your friends and family about the words they would use to search for your services, and be open to their suggestions and opinions.
- While conducting your keyword internet search, note at the bottom of the search engine’s page the suggestions it gives you as key search words and phrases that the general population uses.
- Study your competition. Make a list of your successful competitors, search for them, note the keywords associated with their content, and visit their websites and blogs. Analyze them. Note what they are doing, and what is missing from their internet content and presence.
- Use keyword research tools, like the keyword planner built into Google Ads. Keyword research allows you to gather data on keyword volume, trends, and more. You’ll have a better sense of what other websites are trying to rank for — and what it will take to outrank them and appear first when people search for these trending topics.
- After selecting and implementing your keywords, monitor how effective they are. SEO tools that are integrated into your website builder can pull reports about your website’s current optimization status and your rankings.
- Remember that key phrases and keywords don’t automatically equal articles people will want to read. While repeating the keywords in your website makes it easier for your potential clients to locate you, your content should always be readable and sound natural.
How industrial blogs and content marketing can really boost industrial SEO
Industrial blogs and content marketing always provide a positive return on investment. The key is ensuring that the content is well written, well researched, and strategically interlinked.
The relevancy of your website to your specific industrial products, services, and expertise is determined by the quality of the writing content you present to the world. It establishes you as an expert in your industry. With high-quality written content, short instructional YouTube videos, and images, delivering your knowledge in the right tone and context is highly effective.
Specifically for industrial SEO, backlinks are important and send signals to search engines that you have valuable content — aiding in establishing your online credibility. In this case, both quality and quantity matter. The more well-established websites that link back to your website, the more likely it is for your search rank to increase.
The internet impacts both local and global connections. For a successful business to thrive, strategic marketing business plans need to include an online component. A small business owner can achieve a presence on the first page of Google searches, which is a key priority for manufacturers and industrial companies.
By staying informed about market trends and what your target audience searches for, you can bring more customers to your business.
If you would like to learn more about how to drive traffic to your website with SEO, explore our SEO tools that drive real results for your small business. You can also check out our free Website Builder trial.