If you are an insurance provider, email represents a key component of your marketing strategy. But what if your insurance email list includes too few contacts?
Without an active plan to grow and nurture this list, you will struggle to get new clients on board. Your efforts to develop creative and compelling emails will produce minimal results if you lack qualified leads who are actually interested in your services.
Thankfully, getting hold of new email addresses can be surprisingly easy, even in the insurance industry. The goal is to attract attention before providing something of value in exchange for much-needed contact information. If leads find this process convenient enough, you’ll be surprised by how many are willing to keep in touch via email.
To get you started, we’ve highlighted the best ways to grow your insurance email list.
Find more leads and drive policy renewals with expert marketing advice and all the tools you need, all in one place.
1. Offer a lead magnet
Even qualified leads with a clear interest in your services may demand something of value prior to sharing their email information. Their need for a fair trade can be fulfilled if you entice them with a lead magnet — a complementary offering that costs little to distribute but holds clear worth to the recipient.
Here are some common examples of insurance lead magnets.
- Recordings of popular webinars for leads who previously missed out. For example, a malpractice insurance provider might lure healthcare professionals by promising exclusive access to a previous webinar on continuing education for nurse practitioners. Recipients can also sign up for future webinars, meaning that they will eagerly anticipate further emails from your company.
- Multipart email courses. Develop brief daily or weekly lessons that insurance website visitors can access if they provide their email address. Once they submit their contact information, prospects begin to receive automated messages as part of the course.
- Ebooks or case studies. These should provide a more extensive overview of information already contained in shorter blog posts or videos. Ideally, these lead magnets will contain a mix of relevant statistics and compelling stories that keep recipients reading. This is a great opportunity for segmenting your email lists.
- Podcast episodes or audiobooks. Fulfill two objectives at once by using an audio recording — such as a podcast — for your lead magnet. This is a great way to not only build your email list but also draw attention to your podcast. The lead magnet should feature an exclusive episode that would be otherwise unavailable on Spotify or via other services.
No matter what form they take, lead magnets should accommodate the needs and preferences of your target market. After all, your goal is to not only build your list but also to add the specific types of prospects who are most likely to become loyal clients.
To ensure that the right lead magnets reach the right prospects, add this content to the most relevant places. For example, cutting-edge podcasts may be the most effective when referenced on blog posts targeted at young renters.
2. Create a dedicated landing page on your insurance website
When prospects discover your website by way of search engines or social media, what do they find? Ideally, they will arrive at a landing page designed to convert. This page should contain information that visitors find useful as well as an easy-to-complete form that allows them to submit email information. These forms can be embedded within landing pages or provided as pop-ups.
Build multiple landing pages to boost segmentation efforts. These should contain targeted lead magnets, as well as identifiable call to action (CTA) buttons.
3. Provide free quotes via an online insurance calculator
Free quotes can work wonders for several types of insurance companies. Car insurance providers, for example, often rely on virtual calculators to attract attention from potential clients. Website visitors can enter basic information about their circumstances. With renters insurance, for example, this might mean entering the estimated value of various belongings.
Don’t forget to provide an email opt-in for leads who express interest in newsletters or alerts when prices drop. This will ensure that your rate calculator is not a one-time tool but, rather, the beginning of a lead-nurturing effort.
4. Take advantage of social media
From the bio section on Instagram to individual tweets on Twitter, a variety of social media solutions can be called on to turn casual followers into enthusiastic email recipients. This is the perfect opportunity to make the most of a lead magnet: Simply add a link to it in your bio or in a status update.
Many platforms offer helpful sign-up solutions that are easy to implement. On Facebook, for example, a CTA button can be placed beneath the cover photo for professional pages. A variety of options are available, including buttons that encourage followers to Sign Up or Contact Us on the spot.
On Instagram, CTAs can be included within Carousel Ads, which often involve a mix of photos and videos to inspire better engagement. To turn followers into email subscribers, use the Contact Us, Sign Up, or Learn More CTAs.
5. Develop an event marketing strategy
For some prospects, an impactful in-person connection may be needed before they’re willing to share their email information. Therein lies the value of event marketing, which gets your company’s representatives interacting directly with leads in a meaningful manner.
Events that provide genuine value tend to be the most effective for gaining email contacts. Seminars and workshops, for example, are useful. Attendees impressed by your presentation will be eager to learn more. Otherwise, you may also get hold of new contacts with these event marketing ideas:
- Set up a booth at a community fair or festival. Visitors can leave their email in exchange for fun activities (such as photo booths) or goodies (such as branded gear or free food — a reliable winner for building enthusiasm).
- Make appearances at local trade shows or other industry events. This is a great option for marketing insurance plans aimed at professionals. E&O insurance providers, for example, can attract attention from qualified leads during real estate expos attended by top agents and brokers.
- Plan a health-oriented event. Pop-up nutrition and fitness events can work wonders for building interest in health or life insurance plans. These events can take many forms. For example, participants might share their email addresses in exchange for meal plans accompanied by samples of the tastiest recipes.
Step it up
From social media to SEO and even event marketing, numerous options are available for stepping up your insurance email list. That being said, no one solution will instantly produce a lengthy email list. Instead, aim for a comprehensive strategy that incorporates multiple tried-and-tested tools. This, combined with a compelling lead magnet, will help you attract attention and, ultimately, score the contacts you need to take your email marketing strategy to the next level.
As you develop new tactics for growing your insurance email list, take advantage of online marketing tools. Constant Contact’s email list management solutions allow you to segment and categorize contacts. This, in turn, will ensure that you send the right content to the right leads.
For additional ideas to improve your email marketing initiative, check out The Download. This guide will give you insight into all you need to know about insurance marketing — and yes, it’s a great example of a lead magnet.