What’s in this episode?
26 minutes of social media awesome!
1. This week’s topic: The Future of Search Marketing for Small Business
This week we’ve all been talking a lot about the world of search.
Specifically, developments re: Google AuthorRank—a new algorithm that takes the authority of the author into account when serving up search results.
And not to be outdone, Facebook managed to newsjack the conversation with the announcement of Facebook Graph Search—an enhancement to the current search bar on Facebook—that allows you to find more granular information based on your connections and activity within Facebook.
In addition to our regular band of misfits, we have a special guest joining us today: Constant Contact’s search marketing manager, Peter Hughes.
2. Questions/topics we discuss:
- What is Google AuthorRank?
- What impact do we see Google AuthorRank having?
- Why should small businesses care about Google AuthorRank?
- What should small businesses do to prepare for Google AuthorRank?
- What is Google Authorship?
- Final thoughts on to Google AuthorRank?
- What is Facebook’s Graph Search?
- What impact do we see Facebook’s Graph Search having?
- What should small businesses do to prepare for Facebook’s Graph Search?
- Final thoughts on Facebook’s Graph Search?
As always we love to hear your feedback so leave a comment and you can now subscribe to The Speakeasy Marketing Roundtable in iTunes! So be sure to do that.
Additional resource: How to Set Up Google Authorship
Listen to the show: Click here to listen to the file in your browser. (Right-click and “Save as” to download to your computer.)
Want to take this podcast with you? Now you can! Subscribe to The Speakeasy Marketing Roundtable in iTunes.
About the Speakeasy
Your marketing questions plus a room full of beer and marketing obsessed colleagues equals the best way to spend some time on a Friday!
Listen in as content manager, Dave Charest (that’s me!) moderates a marketing roundtable discussion with social media education developer, Azure Collier, social media specialist, Danielle Cormier, social media manager, Erica Ayotte, senior product marketing manager, Josh Mendelsohn, social media specialist, Kristen Curtiss, and communications specialist, Dave Gerhardt.
Ask your social media and marketing questions in the comments below and we’ll answer them in an upcoming episode! Or you can email your questions to: SocialTeam (at) ConstantContact (dot) com