What’s in this episode?
19 minutes of marketing awesomeness! And our first ever Google+ Hangout.
1. This week’s topic: Why Your Social Media Marketing Fails
There can be a lot of confusion for people when the first get started with social media marketing. They’ll set up a Facebook Page or Twitter account and start sharing promotional things about their business or organization. They’ll do this for a little while and then get frustrated because nothing happens. They’re not getting any business or seeing any benefit. So social media is deemed a failure and not worthwhile.
But the real reason for the failure? Our small business or organization missed an important first step. And that first step is what we’ll talk about today in the Blizzard edition of the Speakeasy Marketing Roundtable.
2. Questions/topics we discuss:
- What are the two parts to being successful with social media marketing?
- Where you need to focus your efforts when you’re first getting started on social media?
- The importance of building trust
- The correct way to reach out to existing customers to build your social media presence
- The ever-present Engagement Marketing cycle
- A simple approach to elicit response
- Why you need to listen and adapt
- The different types of listening
- The rub your belly and pat your head method of social media marketing
- How to get attention on social media
- Why you need to think about audience
- The formula for building an engaged audience
As always we love to hear your feedback so leave a comment and you can now subscribe to The Speakeasy Marketing Roundtable in iTunes! So be sure to do that.
Watch and enjoy!
Want to take this podcast with you? Now you can! Subscribe to The Speakeasy Marketing Roundtable in iTunes.
About the Speakeasy
Your marketing questions plus a room full of beer and marketing obsessed colleagues equals the best way to spend some time on a Friday!
Listen in as content manager, Dave Charest (that’s me!) moderates a marketing roundtable discussion with social media education developer, Azure Collier, social media specialist, Danielle Cormier, social media manager, Erica Ayotte, senior product marketing manager, Josh Mendelsohn, and social media specialist, Kristen Curtiss.
Ask your social media and marketing questions in the comments below and we’ll answer them in an upcoming episode! Or you can email your questions to: SocialTeam (at) ConstantContact (dot) com